Our trial lawyers strive to be better each day, honing our skills to ensure our valued clients receive maximum compensation for their injuries. Because we know that your team shares this commitment to clients, Turnbull, Holcomb & LeMoine, PC has provided some helpful tips for becoming an even better lawyer in the coming year.
Steps to Becoming a Great Lawyer: What to Do
Always putting our experience to work for the injury victims we serve, our trial lawyers recommend the following:
- Find a mentor, especially if you are just starting your law career.
- Develop your leadership skills.
- Use the latest technology to your advantage.
- Manage your time efficiently, and don’t forget the value of a healthy work-life balance.
- Prioritize open, transparent communication – with both clients and co-workers.
- Expand your network and foster new relationships.
- Stick to your morals and always maintain sound ethical judgment.
- View failure as an opportunity for growth.
- Keep a positive attitude and never give up when challenges arise.
- Continue learning.
What Not to Do
If growing your career is the goal, here are some practices to avoid:
- Don’t ignore your body’s cues and rest when needed to avoid burnout.
- Don’t neglect your personal life.
- Don’t get discouraged when a case doesn’t go your way.
- Don’t stay in an unhealthy or unethical work environment.
- Don’t assume you have learned all you can learn.
- Don’t back down from a challenge.
What It Means to Be a Great Lawyer
Embracing the best practices listed above will have you well on your way to becoming a top trial lawyer – like the ones you’ll find at Turnbull, Holcomb & LeMoine, PC! We believe that these skills, among others, are key to success:
- Listening skills
It is crucial that clients feel heard and understood, so be sure that your listening skills are top-notch.
- Oratory skills
As a trial lawyer, it is crucial that your speaking skills are on par. Perfecting your communication style not only builds your client’s trust, but will serve them well in the courtroom.
- Research and investigation skills
Gathering evidence to build the strongest case possible requires strong research and investigation skills. Be sure to dig deep and consider cases from all angles.
- Analytical skills
No matter how simple or complex an accident claim is, a successful verdict depends on your ability to analyze the case at hand.
Prompt service is incredibly important to clients – so it should be important to you too! Answering questions and returning phone calls/emails quickly goes a long way in building your client’s confidence in you.
Turnbull, Holcomb & LeMoine, PC Gets Results!
If you have been injured, you need trusted legal counsel to handle your personal injury trial – now more than ever.
Our trial lawyers have tackled a wide variety of personal injury cases – and we are eager to put our extensive experience to work for you. Here at Turnbull, Holcomb & LeMoine, PC, we never back down from a challenge. For trial lawyers ready to fight for you, get in touch today!
Our Case Results – VERDICTS
$25M Auto Defect Verdict (CA)
$15M Wrongful Death Verdict (AL)
$9M Medical Malpractice Verdict (AL)
$4.4M Toxic Exposure Verdict (OH)
Our Case Results – SETTLEMENTS
$16M Non-Fatal Drowning Settlement (GA)
$11M Negligent Security Settlement (NV)
$16M Trucking Settlement (TX)
We offer a successful track record in managing personal injury lawsuits like these:
Meet Your Personal Injury Lawyers
People Also Searched
- How Much is Pain and Suffering Worth in a Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
- How to Prove Fault in a Slip and Injury
- Dehydration and Malnutrition in Nursing Homes
- Camp Lejeune Contamination Updates
- Why Roads Are Becoming More Dangerous for Pedestrians | Lawyer Explains
- Why You Should Never Post on Social Media After a Car Accident
- Which FDA Recalls Are the Most Serious? | Trial Lawyer Explains
Accepting Attorney Referrals
At Turnbull, Holcomb & LeMoine, PC, our national trial lawyers have proven experience managing accident lawsuits from one state to the next. Millions in referral fees back up our reputation for success – and have earned our fellow attorneys’ trust.
With hundreds of millions of settlements obtained and verdicts achieved, you can feel confident that your client is in the most capable hands.